Helpful tips to find quality dog hotels.
Dog hotels or resorts are one option to use when it is not possible for
you to take your dog away with you...
... to have peace of mind and your dog to be happy and well cared
for you need to check carefully the facilities and service given, a
recommendation is always helpful.
If you are only going away for a short time you may be able to use perhaps a neighbor,
professional pet sitter
or dog daycare.
They come in through the day and check on your dachshund, take him out
of walks, toilet and feed him but this may no be enough company it will
depend on your particular dog.
Suggested list for checking on a dog resort or hotels
- Is the facility clean and well maintained, do your have a good feeling when you enter.
- Is there sufficient light, ventilation and heat in the building.
- Do the management and staff show a genuine interest in the dogs comfort and well being.
- And is there a staff member on duty at all times.
- Are there individual sleeping areas that are warm and comfortable can you bring your dogs own bed.
- Check on food storage and preparation area, and can you bring your own food, if not what food is served and when.
- How often are the dogs exercised and what form does this take and for how long.
- What facilities are available for outside play and is it
individual or in groups and is any of the staff actively involved with
- Some newer facilities have cameras that records your dachshunds
activities and you can access through the internet while you are
away, to see first hand how your dachshund is settling in.
- Your dog’s vaccinations will need to be current and you will need your certificate as proof.
Doggy day care’s also provide an excellent service if you are lucky
enough to have one in your area. Make similar inquiries as you would for
dog hotels. Check the age requirement for puppies which is usually a
minimum of six months old.
Doggy day care is very handy, for dog parents who are working, if
you are having your house renovated or perhaps just want to socialize
your dachshund with other dogs.
Other pages of interest
Return from dog hotels to home page
The information given on this site,is compiled from our
knowledge and research and is designed to supplement
not replace your vets or other professionals advice.
Copyright 2019 All rights reserved
Solo Build It!