Choosing a small dog perhaps a dachshund
Think carefully when choosing a small dog
ask yourself why do you want a dog?
- Do you live a busy lifestyle and sometimes away from home, how will a dog fit in ?
- What type of dog would you like, a lively, placid, active or passive personality,house dog or yard dog?
- Do you have time for training and care of a puppy or would you prefer an adult dog?
- Can you afford the extra outgoings for a dog, there are vet visits, dog registrations, feeding and all the other doggie bits and pieces.
- Consider the commitment required with small dog ownership, it's just about like having a child.
Some guidelines to help you decide if a
dachshund dog is right for you
Have you met a dachshund and spend some time with one, if not try to do so. Do you have a friend with a dachshund or perhaps go to a dachshund club or dog show to see them in action.
- What do you look for when choosing a dog such as a dachshund,
research breed information, temperament and suitability for your
- Are you looking for a loyal companion or lovable family pet, with a big personality then the dachshund may be the dog for you.
- Are you or a member of your family usually at home, or do not work full
time as dachshunds are social dogs and love to be with you.
- If your home is suitable are you ready to share it with a lively little dog.
- Do you want a dog to love and who will love you back.
- Although dachshunds are easy care house dogs they do require regular exercise as they can become over weight.
- Are you aware that the dachshunds usually live 12-15 years, so you have a little friend for many years.
If you are thinking that a dachshund might be the right dog for, here is an informative you-tube video where you can meet the breed.
If you answer these questions openly and honestly it will make it easier
choosing a dog, and possibly the dachshund dog is the right choice for
Other pages of interest
Tips on buying a dachshund puppy
Dachshund breeders info
Return from choosing a small dog to home page
The information given on this site,is compiled from our
knowledge and research and is designed to supplement
not replace your vets or other professionals advice.
Copyright 2006 - 2013 All rights reserved
Solo Build It!